Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week Thirty-Nine: July 18th, 2011

Elder Jones and My last picture together!











Dear Family,
Wow what a crazy week. Well two of the days this week were despedidas for Elder Jones and then we had two full days of divisions and the Temple day for Elder Jones. It was just a very crazy week but it was good. We had two awesome lessons with Iris this week. The first one was on Baptism and on the blessings of baptism. It was awesome. She said that she has had a few doubts in whether she knows this is all true or not. We talked about the promise in the Book of Mormon. Then I was reminded of something. On another occasion we were talking about the Book of Mormon and how weird it is that if we miss a day of reading our day just goes bad and Iris was like that is so true. Well I reminded her of that occasion and she was like that is very true. Well Later we had a Noche de Hogar with Iris and a family in the ward and we watched the Restoration video. At the end we asked her how she felt and she said that she felt hope and joy. We explained that that was the spirit. It was just incredible. We haven't really had a chance to go see Daniel this week. He went out of town.
Well President called us last night. Elder Jones answered the phone and actually was talking to him for like 5 minutes. So I thought it had something to do with me. Then he just handed me the phone and asked how I was doing and then extended a calling. (Keep in mind President only calls if we are are Becoming District Leader, Zone Leader, or Training).Well I'm actually going to be becoming the senior comp and training for the next 6 weeks. I have to admit I am a little nervous. I will be training a brand new missionary. He said that he hasn't decided who and won't until he has had a chance to interview with them but he has also said that there are 12 Latins coming and 3 Americans so it will probably be a Latin. How intense is that? Well I feel completely unprepared. I'm not only become a senior comp but a trainer and I only have 9 months in the mission. Elder Jones didn't become senior comp until around 16 months in the mission and he never trained.

Well it was a very awesome week. I hope to hear from all of you guys soon.

Love,
Elder Holton

Me, Elder Jones, Michelle ana Yanette












Here we are with our home made Completos!




Elder Pena, Elder Nielson, Elder Jones and ME.
Our Home made completos! Mine is on the far right!

No comments:

Post a Comment