Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week Fifty-Five: November 8th, 2011

Dear Family and Friends I am getting a package together to send to Nick for Christmas and I think what he would like most of all would be to hear from all of you so I am collecting notes and letters to include in his Christmas package so it would be great if you could either email or mail me one ASAP!
atholton@msn.com
or
Kendra Holton
3193 Granite Woods Lane
Sandy, UT 84092

Dear Family,
This week has been a good week. We have been working hard on our investigators and are starting to work on finding new ones. Francesca is doing good. We finally were able to bring some members with us to visit her. We have been working on that for awhile and everytime we brought someone she wouldn't be there. So we finally were able to visit her with a member. We are really working on getting to teach her and we really want to do a Noche de Hogar (Family Home Evening) with her and another family in the ward to help her feel more comfortable. We also are teaching Franco. He is a youth of 14 years and he is part of an inactive family and for whatever reason he didn't get baptized. He is way cool. He knows all the doctrine and everything. It's just a matter of getting him to go to church. He is really cool. So we are going to see what we can do to get him to church. We also found out some really cool news this past week. This Sunday we had a special class in church we gave. We had a joint Priesthood and Relief Society meeting and we gave the lesson with our ward mission leader. We first focused on the importance of Missionary work, second we tied it into home teaching and how they are really the same thing. Then we tied in that Preach My Gospel is written to meet the needs of the missionaries and that if the members and the missionaries are in the same work they have the same needs and thus they need to start utilizing PMG. Then we finished it off by sharing about the Atonement and that the more of a testimony we have about the Atonement the more we are going to want to share it with others. It was awesome. I think that Preach My Gospel is a powerful tool for just being a member. I encourage all of you at home to go and get one and to use it. I promise you find answers to questions that you didn't know you had. Well Another exciting event that happened is on Saturday we got to go and listen to Elder Steven E. Snow from the Presidency of the Seventy. It was an awesome talk. Also another exciting event is we were able to go to the Zoo today and for that they allowed us to have Pday today because the zoo isn't open on Mondays. It was way fun. Well I hope you guys have a great week.
Love,
Elder Holton
Our District at the Zoo!!


Ths is our whole Zone at the Zoo!!

You can see our reflection in the glass!!


1 comment:

  1. Kendra, last year I sent Alex's box 4 weeks early and it got there in plenty of time. My plan is to send it right after Thanksgiving - probably that Monday and then pray it gets there. The things that I sent last year that Alex really loved were some CD's and food/snack items. He loves goldfish so I sent a few packages of those. I also sent some granola bars and fruit snacks. This year he has requested LOTS of candy so I am going to go and buy a bunch of candy to throw in like his favorite chocolate bars etc. I'm doing letters this year as well since it's his last Christmas I'm trying to keep the package a little smaller - less to bring home. I'm going to go to Deseret Book and get a CD. I always try to include one fun thing for him and his companion. Last year it was this little tabletop/finger toy basketball shooting thing. It cost me $2 or 3 at Walmart. I haven't figured out what I'm doing in that department yet this year. I hope this helps :) Oh, and this year I made him a 5x7 card with a quote from Pres. Eyering on it.

    ReplyDelete