Monday, October 24, 2011

Week Fifty-Three October 24th, 2011 HUMP DAY

Dear Family,Things are going good here. Well It has been a year from yesterday but if you count you guys coming and picking me up that adds another week and by the time we get home it will be almost november haha. Mom told me Regional Stake Conference was really good. It is funny how you learn the same lesson from 2 different sides of the spectrum. Elder Sauceda is doing awesome. I've been trying to allow him to take lead more in the sector. Mom mentioned that she saw pictures of me on Elder Smith's blog. He is my district leader and went to Jordan High School and we actually know some of the same people. I loved the last package you sent last. Actually I think it would be awesome if you could send him a package. I think that is a great idea. I don't know what you would put in it but I think he would love it. Well I hope everything is going great. The weather down here has been a little colder but not terrible. It's good. We are loving it. Well I hope you guys a good week. Love,Elder Holton



PS
The Mission President's Wife took a video of the missionaries singing "I'll go where you want me to go, " at the 50 Year Celebration. You can watch her video shown on the left of this post!!

She also wrote her thougts about the experience and this is what she said:
"We had a wonderful opportunity to participate in a celebration of 50 years of the mission in Chile. Last Saturday. we started off with a fireside with the Area Presidency, along with a wonderful youth choir. Last night was the cultural celebration and story through dance , music and dramatizations. There were over 3000 youth that participated in the event. Many have practiced every Saturday for the last 3 months. They showed us dances from several Latin America Countries. It was a wonderful evening ending with the introduction of the missionaries who had served in Chile, those who are now serving, and the future generation of missionaries in Chile. Missionaries from the Chile Santiago North, East, West Missions and some from the Rancagua Mission participated. They sang “I’ll Go Where You Want Me to Go” to the audience. It was quite a site to see over 500 missionaries singing! Hopefully, in 50 years, many of our missionaries can participate in a similar event. As you look through the pictures take a good look at the beautiful Andes Mountains in the background. Our mission includes the stadium we are in and into the Andes Mountains.
One of the sweet experiences is the number of missionaries who had brothers or sisters or cousins serving in a nearby mission. They had a chance to get together with each other during the practice and evening event."

No comments:

Post a Comment