Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week Eight: May 14th, 2010

Two big things happened this week...

1: Elder Jeffrey R. Holland came and spoke at our devotional. I took 5 1/2 pages of notes.
He was so amazing! He told us that every good thing that has happened in his life has been because of his mission! He said "Get everthing you can out of your mission! Don't let us down! Don't let the Lord down! Teach with power and authority! If you don't get a second appointment to come back and give the second discussion then it's because you didn't do a good enough job on the first one! Knock their socks off! We are counting on you to spread the gospel. It was an amazing talk! I just love that man!

2: I got my travel plans and I leave on Tuesday May 25th and I arrive in Santiago on Wednesday morning the 26th! I am so excited to get into Chile and teach the gospel!

Me and Elder Winters are doing FANTASTIC! Last Wednesday I decided to only speak in Spanish all day! And guess what? I did it! The other missionaries in my district thought it was pretty cool so we have decided to make it a district goal to only speak in Spanish except on P day until we leave here! It will give us alot of good practice!

Me and Elder Winters in the bookstore!
These are my Spanish scriptures that I have been marking!
These are the missionaries in by district singing before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment