Monday, May 2, 2011

Week Twenty-Eight: May 2nd, 2011

Hey everyone,
Well this week has been definitely awesome. So we finished off the day Monday in the city in a different Elder's Sector. Tuesday we went together to changes to pick up our new companions. I received Elder Jones from Idaho and Texas. He only has 3 months left in the mission. He is so awesome. We haven´t had any amazing miracles but I just love working hard and we have been. He is also the District Leader and this is his first time being the District Leader. I just love being able to look back at the past week and say well we might not of had many results but we did the best we could. This past week I've been working on contacting people in the street and we have been visiting all the recent converts. We have 10 in our area and only a few are going to church so we're working on that. Yesterday we had a really awesome thing happen. Well of course it was fast and testimony Sacrament Meeting and Juan decided halfway through that he wanted to share his testimony. So I was sitting right next to him and he asked if he could I was like Of course! Get up there. haha. So he bore his testimony and expressed how sad he was that he never had a child in life and that his step sons all live in Europe and are evangelical. But then he said that he didn´t need to be sad because our ward is his family and that just made me so happy to hear him say that. He also received the priesthood yesterday. Things have been going great and I absolutely love my new companion. He makes me such a better person. Well I hope you all are doing well and I will talk to you later.

Love,
Elder Holton
Elder Jones from Texas and Idaho??

No comments:

Post a Comment