Monday, July 5, 2010

Week Sixteen: July 5th, 2010 PICTURES!!

Hello Everybody,
Well this has been a very full week I must say. Wow. So we are just going to start from the top. Monday night we had FHE (we do it everyweek and sometimes twice a week) with our next door neighbors (Part member family). The lesson went really good and then we made some home made completos. Talk about amazing. Food is awesome. Tuesday: Well to be perfectly honest nothing incredibly exciting happened Tuesday. All our appointments fell through which is a usual thing. Also on Tuesday the owner of our House kinda randomly showed up at 9 PM to fix all of our stuff but we convinced him to come back tomorrow. He lives in argentina and he is basically a 52 year old hippie that loves to talk. Wednesday: We had district meeting like usual (PS Mom whenever I get letters, Packages, or dearelders it´s at that meeting) and we got the testaments movie I bought from the Distribution Center. Then the owner came by and went to work on our roof. It kinda stunk cause we had to cancel most of our appointments. I hate cancelling appointments on our behalf but what can you do right? Thursday: Was an overall good day not much happened though I guess haha. Friday: Now this was a huge day. First off We had to go meet our new Mission President. We had to leave the house at like 7:45 to be there at 8:45 and we were still five minutes late. He is huge. He´s 6 foot 5 inches and he is as broad as Ed Kehl just ripped. It was kinda hard to give him a hug. Plus He has an incredibly deep voice. His Wife I´ve actually already met in the MTC. She´s pretty cool too. The interview went good. After that we had to go buy my companion a better ankle brace because the one that the Doctor gave him wasn´t good enough. Saturday: Well it first started off with cleaning the house and the owner coming over to finish the roof. Then At like 1 we had to go start filling the font. We had Almuerzo with the Bishop and had Chinese food which was a little piece from home in a sense. Then we went back to the Chapel to get all the chairs ready and everything and the water level was at mid shin so we got two big pots and started boiling water. We only had time to do that twice.Once everyone got there we turned it off. The meeting went good. The bishop conducted. Then we headed to the font. When I got in it was only up to my knee. Haha darn Then when she got in she said that it was way to hot. I asked her if she wanted us to turn on the cold water but she said she was ok. The water was up to her mid thigh which isn´t very high. So I basically just dunked her as fast as I could so that she could be fully imersed. Her feet pomped up after but the witnesses said that I was good so sweet. I fell kinda bad though. After that we had refreshments but the ward could pay for them so it came right our of my pocket. Oh well. After all that we changed and talked with the family and everything. Then we changed again and played some soccer and then went home. Sunday: We did the confirmation. It was my companions first confirmation. I think he was just a little nervous but it went all good. After that we had Almuerzo with Ward famiy and had Tacos. We did really well on appointments though and were able to hit most of them. We had family night with a Family where the Mom just got reactivated and she wanted us to come and get her husband baptized. We started off talking about different churches and he told us how he has been surrounded by so many churchs. So then we decided to teach about Joseph Smith and tell his story. It went really well. He was very receptive and interest. His wife shared her testimony. It was very good. Well Sunday night came and we had what is called Changes. It´s where we receive the phone call to see if and who is changing. In our Zone only 4 people are changing. Normally a trainer will stay with his trainee for 2 changes (12 weeks) but my companion has also been in this sector for 5 changes already (30 weeks) So the chances were he was going to be transfered. Well that is what happened. So on Tuesday he packs up and we go to the Mission Office where I receive my knew companion and he gets his. It´s kinda sad. He said I was his favorite companion. I´m just thankful for the time we had together. We had a lot of fun and a lot of success. We had our high times and our low times. But life goes on. Today we will be visiting some of his favorite families. I´m really glad though that I´m not changing. Lets see one more thing I forgot about. One day during my Personal study I found some thing very interesting. It´s called a Chiasma. I heard in the MTC that they existed in the Book of Mormon but no one knew where. Well I found one. It´s in Alma Chapter 36. A Chiasma is like for example the word racecar. You can read forward and backward and you´ll get the same thing. Well I found something like that but with principles. It teaches a bunch of principles in a certain order and then goes in reverse and teaches them again. Check it out. Well I hope all of you are doing well and working hard. I´ll talk to you all soon

Elder Holton
My first Baptism Krishna is 9 years old.
Me and President and Sister Jones!

At the Air Museum!
The BEST!! Completo!
Completo! (a smothered hot dog! YUM!!)
This is where we live!
This is our kitchen
The bunk beds we sleep in
The extra room. Check out our weights!
The extra room we study in.
Sister Jones, President Jones, Me and Elder Young
My first companion Elder Young from Arizona
Elder Christensen, President and Sister Jones, Elder Monsen, Elder Holton
My plane getting ready to leave Utah!
The Airport in Salt Lake City

No comments:

Post a Comment