Monday, January 23, 2012

Week Sixty-Six: January 22nd, 2012

Dear Family,
Well these past two weeks have been really good. I'm really enjoying my new sector. In our ward we have been having a lot of changes. A lot of changes in Leadership. So this past week has been just a lot of adjusting to the changes and working hard. We have several investigators progressing. I'm going to change the names FYI. Well we have one named Juan who is 73 years old and is doing alright progressing. We have visited him several times but it's just getting him to focus on the Most Important Thing which is Eternal Life. He is a really good investigator and has a lot of questions. Also we have Felipe who is a little kid of 13 years and likes listening but is just a little quiet. But we have been working on getting him to open up. We also have another one named Claudia and She is also another investigator from a long time but she was just waiting on getting married. Well now they are married and so it's just a matter of getting her baptized. But she doesn't want to feel forced into it. So we are working with her also. Two Sundays ago I had the wonderful blessing being able to interview two investigators from another ward for baptism. It was just amazing. The spirit was just so strong and powerful and it is just incredible to receive that spiritual confirmation saying that they are ready. It really opens your eyes and helps you realize how much God loves his children. We got to go to their baptism this Saturday. It was a wonderful experience. This past Friday I was able to go to a leadership training in Maipu. I was able to sit next to Elder Smith the whole day. I really miss that Elder. Well everything is going good. I really hope you guys are doing well.
I got the calendar this past week. Thank you very much!
Love,
Elder Holton

I told Nick that they asked me to share an update on my missionary and a spiritual experience that he had on his mission in Relief Society. So I asked him to send me one ASAP and this is the story he sent me! I thought it was so great that I wanted to share it with all of you!

This happened in my second sector. Me and Elder Lowry we running around working in the sector and I got this impression that we should pass by Iris our investigator at around 8 PM. Well then we had to go visit a few people so I pushed the thought out of my head and then it came again at around 9:30 PM. So we went. We got there and she had been crying. We asked what was going on and she told us that she was breaking up with her boyfriend (now husband) and that she did know what she was going to do. She kept saying "You came, You came". And we were like what do you mean we came? and She told us that she had been praying that God would send her someone so that she wouldn't have to be alone. I asked her how long she had been praying. She said she started around 8 PM. I told myself never again would I ignore the promptings of the spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment