Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week Twelve: June 8th, 2010

Hola Hola,
How´s everyone doing? Things are going good here. Busy busy busy of course. So let´s see. Last week I´ve had the biggest meal of my life no chiste. We had a big bowl of soup(Clam chauder) (bigger than the big bowls at home), Then the main dish which is a full plate of food(Beef, rice, and brocoli), and a full plate of salad, and a bowl(about the same size as the small one at home) of fruit. It was delicous but alot. I´m proud to say that I ate all of and and 3 big pieces of bread. I can honestly say that I have eaten everything put in front of me. I don´t have a scale but I would bet money that I have gained weight. I´m always hungry. Everyone jokes that I´m going to get fat but I don´t buy it. We´re on the go too much. Another food that I forgot to talk about that I absolutely have fallen in love with is what is called an "AS" and yes it is said just like the cuss word which is way weird. But it´s made just like a Completo except instead of a hotdog they have little pieces of amazing beef with avocado, tomatos, and mayo on top and I usually put mustard also. So amazing. My trainer Elder Young just hit his year mark last week and we celebrated with Ases. It is so funny because we are almost the exact same. We have so much fun and yet challenge eachother at the same time. We got 2 new baptism dates set up last week and this week should be even better. I honestly love it down here. I mean it is a little weird walking down the street with guys cussing at you telling you to go back to your country and girls making kissing noises and whistling at you. It just adds to the adventure. Our ward is pretty small but we love them. They feed us every day except pday and they do our laundry. It´s getting kinda cold here but it´s not too bad. It´s a whole different thing though when the only building that has a actually furnace is the chapel of the church. No one else does. Everyone just bundles up with a lot of clothes and blankets. They love love love soda. It is insane how much soda they drink. They also love brooms. They do everything with a broom. It´s hilarous. Plus they are dogs everywhere and they are always making noise. I am sad to hear about Keith Whitmore. Make sure you give him my love and that I look forward to seeing him on the other side. This work is pretty crazy. Just last week we visited a boy named Charlie who is about 15 years old. When he was 8 he was only baptized and never confirmed which means he needs to be baptized again. So we went over there to his house to see what was going on and if he wanted to be baptized. My companion started asking questions about what was going on and everything and the kid just had his head down and kept quiet. He acted like something bad was really wrong. So my companion pushed and pushed but nothing happened. So I felt the impression to bear a little bit of my testimony to him. I straight up told him that I had no idea what I was doing and that I didn´t know this language or this country but I that I do know this:that God loves him and that God cares about him and that it is only through God that we can receive happiness. I pretty much made him look at me in the face. I told him that we want to help him and that God wants to help him but first he needs to ask God for help. It was a very powerful moment. My companion said that it was like I was staring into his soul. Well He hasn´t made a decision yet but that was a very foundation shaking experience. The reason why I´m writing you today instead of yesterday is because for this week they allowed us (my zone) to switch our Pday so we could go check out this airplane museum. It wasn´t as cool as Hill Airforce but it was still fun. Sorry but I can´t send pictures. We don´t trust these computers. Maybe later in a different sector. I finally got a map of our sector which has been very helpful for learning the streets. Well It´s time for me to sign off. If any of you want to write me my address is
Elder Holton
Chile Santiago West Misson
Correos Casilla 149
Chacabuco 166
Maipú
Chile
It takes about 2 to 3 weeks for letters to get down here and DearElder about a week. That´s the misson office address but we get all of our mail every wednesday at District Meeting.
I love you all and I hope all is well.

Love,
Elder Holton

No comments:

Post a Comment